If you are hoping to move home before Christmas then you have just over 11 weeks, not long but with the right planning it can still be achievable. So here’s our moving guide:
• If you are a homeowner make sure you ask for an accurate valuation of your property from a local agent such as Goodfellows who will be able to give you the best indication of how much your property is worth.
• Once you have had a valuation of your home start looking for a new property. After finding your next home make sure that the vendors are looking to move before Christmas too, to ensure that you can achieve your moving goal. You will also need to make sure that everyone else such as solicitors, mortgage brokers etc also know that you have a tight deadline.
• In the meantime make sure your home is ready for the agent to take good photos, it’s vital to get these right, as this is the thing that will get prospective buyers through your door. Stage your home for the photos, make sure your property looks at its best, if you get time buy props such as flowers, fruit and bread. Ensure that the curtains are fully open and any clutter is hidden out the way, plump up cushions, clear away work tops, make beds and generally just make sure your property looks at it’s best.
• Once you’ve spent some time doing the above then try and keep it looking at its best for viewings.
• Start packing up your home – remembering to leave out the Christmas decorations ready to put up in your new home.