More and more of us are finding ourselves living in rented accommodation and it seems that the key to our well being seems to be finding a good landlord. In fact according to a new survey*, 46% of tenants, nearly half of the tenants surveyed feel that getting the right landlord is key.
Other important factors tenants take into consideration is the properties location, with 38% stating this as being important, and the biggest selling point, 52% is the condition of the rental property. Their research was based on 2,000 participants. Followed by parking 31%, low maintenance 24%, 20% storage space, 17% garden, 10% communal space and 7% who wanted additional services.
In the past rental properties were seen as a bit of a stop gap, but now things have changed people tend to consider the long term trying to find somewhere they can put down roots, which means that the condition of that accommodation has become more important.
At Goodfellows we take pride in our management service, if you rent a fully managed property through our letting’s team you know that you can expect a certain level of quality service, from ensuring that all our properties are well maintained, safe and comply to all of the latest safety regulations.
We are an ARLA letting agent, Association of Residential Letting Agents, which means you can expect a certain level of professionalism from all of our letting offices. We have a network of reputable tradespeople who will be able to sort out problems and repairs in an orderly manner.
What makes and ARLA agent different:
- Experienced and trained professionals
- Understand and comply with complex legislative changes and best practice
- Backed up by NFoPP Client Money Protection scheme (CMP)
- Accounts are independently inspected annually and accountants’ reports submitted to ARLA
- ARLA agents have professional indemnity insurance
- Attend regular training to keep skills and experience up-to-date
- Comply with the professional standards of the nationally recognised professional body for letting agents
If you are looking to rent a property why not call our team on:
Cheam Village, 020 8643 5252
Morden, 020 8687 0077
Carshalton Beeches, 020 8773 2424
Mitcham, 020 8646 8686
Raynes Park, 020 8946 6511
or pop into your local branch of Goodfellows or a coffee and a chat.