Reporting a repair 

From time to time there will be a need to report a maintenance repair on your property. There are a number of ways that you can do this depending on the arrangement that Goodfellows have with your landlord. This will be outlined in your tenant welcome pack. To make sure you get the right service, please choose from the following options below. 

Fully managed tenants - reporting process

Fully managed tenants can quickly report a maintenance issue through Fixflo

Whether it’s a leaky tap or a blocked drain, we appreciate that from time to time you may experience problems with your property and that you want the repair dealt with quickly and easily.

Please report your repair through Fixflo - our tenant maintenance portal. 

Report a repair through Fixflo

None fully managed tenants

If you are in a tenancy agreement that is not fully managed by Goodfellows then you will need to refer to your Tenants Welcome Pack and report a repair in the way that has been outlined by your Landlord. 

If you have misplaced your Tenants Welcome Pack you can contact the Property Management team to request a new one. 

Out of hours emergency and charges

If the emergency arises outside usual office hours, please call our Out of Hours emergency number 0208 687 8345.

Please note, however, if an emergency call-out is instructed and it is determined that the problem is not an emergency after all and could have been dealt with during office hours, or if the problem has arisen because of tenant misuse, you may be charged the cost.

Emergency repairs mean those repairs which are necessary to alleviate, remove or reduce immediate risk to the safety, security and health of a tenant, the public or property.

Out of hours emergency reporting

Out of hours emergency reporting

There might be a time when you have an emergency outside of normal office hours.  You will have a tenant’s pack with details of any service agreements which your landlord may have set up – check this for any telephone numbers and contacts which are already in place.

Before you call an emergency contractor, please call the Property Management team on 020 8687 8345.

If you call an emergency contractor and it is subsequently not deemed to be an emergency, you will be liable for the costs incurred.

What constitutes as an emergency?

No Heating

The out of hours emergency service should only be used if you are going to be left without heating for more than 24 hours.

Gas Leaks

You should call the National Grid in the first instance on 0800 111 999.

No Hot Water

The out of hours emergency service should only be used if you are going to be left without hot water for more than 24 hours.

Lack of Power 

Considered an emergency if there is a total loss throughout the property and, only then, after first checking:

• The fuse board.
• Neighbouring properties.
• Or with the electricity supplier to determine whether there is a general power cut with electricity supplier or to determine whether the supply has been cut off due to unpaid bills or failure to pay for connection.

Total Lack of Water Supply

Considered an emergency if there is total lack if water supply anywhere in the property. The water supplier should be contacted in the first instance to ensure that works are not being carried out in the area.

Plumbing Leaks

Considered an emergency if it cannot be contained and is causing damage, especially if penetrating an electrical fitting. You should isolate the leak by turning the water off at the stopcock or gate valve until the contractor attends to identify the source and carry out the necessary repairs. If the leak is coming from a property above or adjacent, you should contact those occupants immediately.

Roof Leaks

Considered an emergency if the leak is causing major damage or is penetrating an electrical fitting. In wet, windy or dark conditions, a contractor would be sent to make safe only. Only in safe conditions will a contractor attend to identify the source and carry out the necessary repairs.

Damage to Roofs

Considered an emergency if hazardous, such as slates possibly falling on to a public highway.

Downpipes & Gutters

Considered an emergency only if water is entering the building causing major damage or a loose part is dangerous and cannot be made safe.


Clearing blocked waste outlets, traps and pipes to the kitchen sink, bath, wash basins, etc is the tenant’s responsibility. If a contractor is dispatched, tenants will be recharged the cost of attending to any blockages if it is found to have been caused by the tenant’s negligent action, e.g. flushing of nappies, disposal of food.


Considered an emergency if the only toilet on the premises is blocked, and only then if attempts to flush with a bucket of water have failed.

Insecure Property

If the property is insecure as a result of a break-in, e.g. damaged door, you should notify the police in the first instance and obtain a crime reference number. A ground floor window being jammed open or an inoperable lock would also be considered an emergency.

Lock outs

If we manage your property at Goodfellows and not the landlord directly then we will usually hold a key. Alternatively If as a result of losing a key or locking it inside the property, you could call a local locksmith although this will be more expensive and at your own expense. If we were to dispatch a contractor under these circumstances, the cost would be recharged to you. In the event that it is a defective lock and a locksmith has been called out and confirmed this is the case, the lock would be repaired/replaced at the landlords expense.

Dangerous Walls & Fences

Considered an emergency if in a dangerous condition, e.g. storm damage or accidental impact damage. These will be made safe in the first instance. Repairs and/or rebuilds will not be treated as an emergency.