The barbeques have been dusted off and you might be searching for a new recipe for something a bit different. Here are a couple of options, including a vegetarian choice.
Halloumi kebabs with thyme & lemon baste (makes 8 skewers)
2 medium courgettes
1 large red onion
250g halloumi cheese, cut into 16 chunks
16 cherry tomatoes
For the lemon baste
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp fresh thyme leaves (preferably lemon thyme)
1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Halve the courgettes lengthways and then thickly slice them
- Cut the onion into wedges and separate into pieces.
- Thread the halloumi, cherry tomatoes, courgettes and onion onto skewers.
- Cover and chill the kebabs until you are ready to cook - you can do this up to half a day ahead.
- To make the baste - mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, mustard and seasoning - this can be made ahead and chilled too.
- Preheat the barbecue or grill and arrange the kebabs on the rack.
- Blend the baste ingredients and brush the kebabs.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes, turning often, until the cheese begins to turn golden and the vegetables are just tender.
We’ve also had a look for an easy sauce to accompany your burgers and sausages – this is one of the tastiest we’ve found….
Easy tomato and red pepper salsa
110g Cherry Tomatoes – quartered
Clove of garlic
1 red chilli
100g chopped roasted peppers
2 tbsp olive oil
Splash of sherry vinegar
Pinch of salt
Basil leaves - ripped
Just mix it all together and enjoy!