While the chilly damp days continue, what better way to warm up than with some homemade soup?
Here’s a really easy but very tasty recipe…
700g Carrots – peeled and chopped
2 pints of hot vegetable stock
- Melt the butter in a heavy based pan.
- Add carrots and onions, cook over a low heat until softened (about 10 minutes).
- Add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Cool slightly then whizz in a food processor.
- Add herbs and a splash of cream if desired, season to taste and serve, or divide in batches and freeze.