If you fancy spicing up your tastebuds, have a look at this recipe for Thai Pumpkin soup. The BBC GoodFood website has lots of inspirational easy to follow recipes that are tasty as well as a little bit different.
1.5kg pumpkin or squash – peeled and roughly chopped.
4tsp sunflower oil
1 sliced onion
1 tbsp grated ginger
1 lemongrass (bashed a little)
3-4 tbsp Thai red curry paste
400ml can of coconut milk
850ml vegetable stock
Lime juice and sugar to season
1 red chilli – sliced (optional)
- Heat oven to 200c/Gas 6
- Toss the pumpkin in a roasting tin with half the oil and seasoning
- Roast for 30 minutes until golden and tender
- Meanwhile put the remaining oil in a pan with the onion, ginger and lemongrass.
- Gently cook for 8-10 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the curry paste for a minute, then add the pumkin and all but 3 tbsp of the coconut milk and stock.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes – fish out the lemongrass.
- Cool for a few minutes then whizz with a hand blender until smooth.
- Return to the pan to heat through, season to taste, serve drizzled with the remaining coconut milk and scattered with chilli.